Wednesday, February 16, 2011

If at First You Don't Succeed...

In light of Monday's sugar cookie blunder, here is my second attempt at cooking making this week.

This time I went with a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and was very pleased! I took them right out of the oven and over to my bestie's house. She was having quite the challenging day and the combo of warm peanut butter and chocolate could only help, right?

Though the efficacy of cookies in solving all of my friend's problems is impossible to confirm (or deny), I can at least say that I have emerged from the slump of cookie failure.





Peanut Buttery Goodness Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

  • Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the honey, water, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks. Drop by spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
*Next time I think that I'll substitute 1 cup of chocolate chips with peanut butter chips to add to the peanut butter gooey deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment