Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Garden Fresh

Add another reason to the list of why I love what I do: Fresh produce.

On tonight's menu was Stuffed 8 Ball Squash (adapted from a recipe on the FatFreeVegan.com blog)

My wonderful sister, Susan, decided to join in my vegan-ness (at least for one meal) and she said she really liked it! The filling was simple and scrumptious: brown rice, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, almonds, and basil.


Susan wasn't just a guinea pig here, she presented something new for me to try as well. I've seen so many recipes for kale (especially since embarking on my vegan journey), but had yet to try it. She made a simple kale salad dressed with olive oil, lemon juice and salt. It was very green and fresh tasting. I'm looking forward to trying it some other ways as well, like this Cosmic Cashew Kale and Chickpeas!

1 comment: